Friday, February 22, 2013

Bangga

My car was bumped from behind this afternoon. The impact was quite strong that my rear view mirror flew across the car and landed at the front passenger seat. Thankfully, I had no passengers with me, otherwise that would have caused a seriously nasty bump.

Now I've been in a handful of car accidents before, twice with me driving and twice as a passenger. While today's accident wasn't the worst, it was the first time I was alone in the car. To say that I got affected would be an understatement. I was literally shaking and I got disoriented and didn't know what to do. I tried calling Jojo but he was out of network coverage (tsk, tsk, Globe sucks big time). I was totally out of sorts and I think the guy who bumped me realized that and took advantage of it. He claimed to be in a hurry and just gave me his number and took off. I sat in my car for about 5-10 minutes (until I couldn't ignore the cars honking all around me anymore) just trying to calm myself. And that's when I realized that I didn't get the guy's surname or the car plate number. Heck, I can't even say what the car's make was. Argh. Kill me now.

It was hard to explain to Jojo what happened and why I reacted the way I did. I think he still can't believe how stupid I was. Even I can't believe how stupid I was. Where did all my common sense go? Sheesh.

My takeaway with all these?

One, I am not as strong as I thought myself to be. I wasn't hurt physically but I was on the verge of tears (and to think the accident wasn't my fault at all). I wanted a hug so bad, and I wanted someone to take care of me. Because I really couldn't.

Two, now that I realize how I can be such an idiotic pushover, I should learn to take care of myself more. I know I am more than capable of that. After all, I know I can and will fight anyone who harm my kids and loved ones. So I ought to learn to protect not only themI but myself also, right? I can't always rely on my big and strong husband to defend and take care of me. I really should be able to do that on my own.

And lastly, I strongly believe that my cute blue Chevy Spark (no matter how small and seemingly fragile it is) protected me. I am not kidding when I said the impact was quite strong (seriously, naalog ako ng bongga) but surprisingly (and amazingly) there was very little damage to the car. I am so thankful that the car and all my guardian angels kept me safe from any harm.

So yeah, I am thankful that I am safe and well, and that my takeaways are lessons that will help me be a better version of myself. I am still bummed about the accident but all things considered, I already consider myself pretty lucky.

Ps. Look at the bangga. There is hardly any sign of impact right? But I am boggled by that round hole. The other car didn't have any protruding fixture that can cause that. What came to my mind (and to Jojo's too) was that it looks eerily like a bullet hole. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment