Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Biscoff

If you are on Instagram, I am sure you have already seen so many pictures of Biscoff and cookie butter to last you a long time. Seriously, posting a photo of the bottle has become a fad in itself. I wasn't all too eager to jump on the bandwagon of these luxury spreads. I love my peanut butter too much to be swayed! Besides, there is a 1-2 month wait for most online sellers, and I'm not too happy to wait that long.

However, I saw that Healthy Options in Trinoma had the Lotus Biscoff spread last week. I am still puzzled that they were carrying it since it hardly qualifies as a healthy snack and I don't think it is organic either. The price at Php375/bottle was competitive to the online sellers I checked (theirs sold at Php350+shipping). Despite not having plans on trying the spread, I bought a bottle to try, just to see if it is as good as people claim it to be.

I tried it on white bread (and not on wheat bread) so I could really taste it. My first thought was that it tasted like coco jam, rich, creamy and just a tad too sweet. I did like the crunchy bits though, but I was disappointed. It was just so-so, and not as life-changing as what others think. And it was definitely not worth waiting even a week for, much less a month or so.

Maybe I am just too loyal to peanut butter, but for me, this Biscoff butter is not worth its price or all the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment