Monday, March 4, 2013

Morning Exercise

I have been jogging around UP acad oval for the past week and a half. It's not much, but it is a start to what I hope will be an exercise regimen for me. My short term goal is to lose weight (I am still one pound above my pre-Sofia weight), and my long term (well, year-long) goal is to build up my endurance and stamina to be able to finish a 10k run before the year ends.

The first time I jogged last week was hard. I was out of breath barely 15 minutes after I started. So I just walked 2 rounds, which is equivalent to 4.4kms, and it took me just under an hour to finish. By the time I finished though, I was so dizzy I was seeing spots. I belatedly realized that I didn't drink water before I started. And since I breastfed the previous night, I was dehydrated. Tsk, tsk, not good.

I have improved a bit since then. It took me just 35 minutes to finish the two rounds today and I wasn't dehydrated. Not bad at all! I think it helped that I moved my exercise time an hour earlier. It was cooler and the sun wasn't burning my face too much.
My target for the month of March is to cut the time to about 20 minutes only. I am optimistic that I can and will do it.

I promise to keep you updated on my progress by the end of the Month. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment