Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 1 Blog Challenge: A Recent Picture and 15 Facts About You


1. My name is Karla Patricia and I answer to either Karla, Patricia or any one of my nicknames – Jaja, Pat-Pat, Macky – and all its derivatives. I have so many names that it takes me a moment to think of which to introduce myself with. You see, I like to compartmentalize my friends/acquaintances by what they call me (e.g. work-related people know me as Karla, some high school teachers know me as Patricia, my high school barkada and classmates as well as my Brunei friends know me as Macky, my high school busmates call me Pat-Pat, and my family and college friends call me Jaja. It gets really confusing, I know. If I could do a P Diddy (or whatever he is called now) and rebrand myself, I would. The only problem is I don’t know which of my names I prefer to be called if I were to choose just one.


2. I am a graduate of UP Diliman with the course of ECE. I took and passed the board after graduation. And I have never used anything I’ve learned since then. I constantly refer to myself as hilaw na engineer!

3. I have lived and worked in 3 different Southeast Asian countries, not including the Philippines. I was in Brunei for 2 years, Singapore for 2 years and Indonesia for 1 year. Each country uses a different language (Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia), and I only learned a few short phrases for each.

4. I love to travel! I don’t care whether I’m alone (well, that was before I got married and had a baby) or with family, as long as I get away. I find it so interesting to be in a country with different customs, beliefs, fashion and interests.

5. I love shopping for clothes and accessories. Shoes, not so much. Bags, it’s not my fave to buy but I do love looking at high-end bags.

6. I have deep attachment to my clothes. I hardly give away those I really love, even if they barely fit. I can’t explain it really. I guess it’s because I associate every piece of clothing with a moment/event in my life, and by letting go of the clothing I am scared that I might forget the memories I have. Ridiculous, I know.

7. I love reading fiction books, especially of the series type. And I love re-reading them when I feel like it. If I were to guess, I’d say I’ve read most of my favourites at least 20 times each. Take for instance all 7 books of Harry Potter. I must have read books 1-7 (it has to be in order) more than 50 times!

8. I have never been a fan of computer/electronic games, except Jeopardy (PS2) and Scrabble. My only iPad game app is Words.

9. I love watching American tv series on DVDs. I have very little patience waiting for one episode to be shown on television each week so I wait until I get them on DVD. And then I usually watch 3-4 episodes per seating, more if it is really interesting. My current favourites are Criminal Minds, Bones, ANTM, CSI NY, Big Bang Theory, and Grey’s Anatomy.

10. I love Korean rom-con series, and I prefer to watch them in Korean with English subtitles. I love hearing people speak in Korean. It sounds so sweet and so malambing. I love it so much that I took a short introductory Korean language course in UP. It was so much fun!

11. I love salmon sashimi but it has to be eaten cold and with wasabi-soy sauce.

12. I love taking photos and keeping them as souvenirs. And I love the nostalgic feeling I get every time I look at old/new photos.

13. And because of fact number 12, I hate to delete my favourite photos on an SD card. This is why I have 6 SD cards (2 and 4GB capacity), and none of them have enough space to take in more than 100 photos at a time (at 1-2MB per photo).

14. I have really bad eyesight and have been wearing corrective eyeglasses/contact lenses for over 2/3 of my life. I seriously considered asking my parents for Lasik surgery as my 18th birthday gift, but I backed out and opted for a party instead

15. I have been a wife for 4.3 years and a mom for 2.3 years, and I’ve loved every second of it.

So, that’s it, 15 facts about me. When I started the list, I thought coming up with them would be a breeze. Not! After the third fact, I was at a loss at what other facts about me there are. Sure, I could have put in things like my shoe size and/or dress size, but wouldn’t that be so boring?

Hope these facts have entertained you even for a little while.

Do you reckon you know me a bit more now?


No comments:

Post a Comment